Getting back into the swing of working life can be tricky when you’ve had a nice holiday. A break from the day-to-day hussle and bussle of work and home life does wonders for reducing stress and refocusing the mind.
Here are a few things that can keep that mind fresh when you return to work:
- Book your next holiday! Why not? Most of us look forward to a holiday and time off so why not get your next break in now? It might just be a night away or some time at home but it will focus your efforts and keep your mind happy.
- Clear out your e-mail. Spend just 10 minutes each day to ‘cleanse’ your e-mail. You will obviously need to address urgent e-mails the day they come through but set some time aside in the week to organise your e-mails.
- Switch your working space. Change something in your workspace. It could be as simple as changing a picture you have on your wall/desktop or setting on up if you don’t have one.
- Leave your workspace tidy. At the end of the day, try and clear your workspace. File papers away and give your PC/laptop a wipedown!
- Revisit your business plan and goals now you have a clear head. Think about what you want, aim high and work hard to achieve your dreams.
- Don’t be scared of the ‘doing’. So often we put things off because our perception of how long something may take or how difficult it might be to achieve is so different to the reality of it. Try and tackle a task you have been delaying at the start of the week and prove that you can do it. Don’t be afraid. Be confident and tackle it head on and you will find it is nowhere as scary as you thought. Plus, everything else you do that week will feel like a breeze!
If I can help you grow your business to the next level, add clarity and simplify your efforts, please give me a call or drop me an e-mail. Let’s take the bull by the horns!